Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 97

Thread: Kaine vs. Kilgore

  1. #81
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    anyone have any idea how many people were executed who were later proven innocent through more advanced technologies?

    more than one and thats way too many
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  2. #82
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    And how many convicted murderers were released from prison, only to murder again? Way too many. If you want to argue the death penalty, argue with God, not me.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  3. #83
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    I'll be the first to admitt that I'm not an expert on the bible, but I dont think anyone is. Each religon has a different interpertation of the bible which is why I just go by what I think is right and not by what somebody else tells me. As for abortion I agree that sometimes it is used when it is really not neccessary. I just refuse to vote for a party that sends our men and woman into a war that is not needed and support rich oil tycoons. Granted both party's are extremley bad but I made my mind up a long time ago that until I make a million dollars it is smarter for me to vote democrat. Personally lower gas prices, education, and employment is more important to me than abortion and allow homosexuals to get married. Sorry I have such a simplistic view of our political system but thats how I see it. If your middle class or poor your better off to vote democrat if your wealthy vote republican. As to why the republicans continue to win I really feel its because they have appealed to the religous people of this country by displaying that they have a higher moral standard than the democrats. So, if the republicans can somehow quit giving kick backs to the most wealthy in this country and keep their nose out of my personal life I'll change my view on politics until then not one single republican is getting my vote for any office higher than school board. I'm off my soap box for now.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #84
    Inactive Member Jack_N_The_Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2004
    Posts
    470
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Both are losers...if you want a Governor worth something, vote Potts!

  5. #85
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Democrats for the poor guy? Republicans for the rich guy? I know a lot more rich Democrats than I do rich Republicans.
    Its impossible to categorize a particular political party as being a certain group of people, in our country anyway. We are much too diverse for that.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  6. #86
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Guess who sent us into Korea? A Democrat (Truman)
    Who got us out? a Republican (Eisenhower)
    Guess who sent us into Viet Nam? A Democrat (Johnson)
    Who got us out? a Republican (Nixon)

    It would have been interesting to see how Gore would have reacted to all the intel GWB received before he ordered us into Iraq. Might he have drawn the same conclusion as Bush? Odds are 50-50 he would have. So don't lay this "We're only in Iraq because of the oil and the Republican pockets its lining" stuff on me. I've seen too much from both parties in my lifetime to categorize either one of them as being for the "poor" guy.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  7. #87
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Well having worked for the State of VA. the word is vote Republican if you want a good raise. If you want what is right vote Democrat.
    I struggled through Wilder and a few other Democrats.
    And yep as soon as a Republican took office when i worked for the state you got raises, whether we had the money or not.
    And it was spend spend spend, under the Republicans. I've worked under both.
    Best i can say is neither take care of what is right. They look out for their party.
    I will say one thing i wasn't fond of our current Governor. But he has turned things around some. Surplus for one time in how long?
    And last Republican was Gilmore i think who did what with car taxes? What mess? And what loss of money to localities?
    Hmm. And lets see? Jerry has family members facing charges i think if i know the situation right, and many are wondering with his tax proposal where they will come up with the money to survive.
    Biggest problem. People vote party lines. They don't listen.
    I can't vote for either right now. But i have to say. I am not sure Kilgor is a person i can vote for. He has lived here in SWVA when? Yet his wife is a teacher where? And he claims SWVA and his heritage and i never knowed him to work anywhere in SWVA? Oh well.
    I'll weigh it out before i make an early decision. Still not heard a lot from all.
    And on abortion. God said he knew one prophet and formed him in the womb? I think that is in the Bible. So you know. I have to wonder, if God knew you in the womb. How is abortion legal?
    Oh well just an old man and ole poster ramblin. But it makes ya think dont' it?

  8. #88
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Neither one of us are going to have our mind changed so its pointless to continue on with this. And yes, I know all that history stuff but I dont vote on what happened 30, 40 years ago.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #89
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Jerry and Terry both grew up in Scott County, graduated from Gate City HS and Clinch Valley College, and then earned their law degree. Both went into private law practice in Scott County, with Jerry being later named as the Assistant Commonwealths Attorney in Scott County. He was later named as an Assistant US Attorney serving the western part of the state. So, until he was elected to state office, he lived and worked in Scott County. His wife is a local gal who also worked here in the local school system. So their roots, both as residents and as workers, are deep in SW Virginia.
    I already knew a lot of this, but if you have any questions about his background you should check out the web-site someone posted on page 1 of this thread. That's what I did.
    I know him well, and both he and Terry have always been very personable and maintain high integrity in their personal and public lives.
    I'd vote for either one of them in any office they sought, not because they are Republicans, but because I know what kind of people they are.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  10. #90
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Honestly and we are friends ut1 but looking at the viewpoints of each.
    I find it hard to find either to vote for at this point. Im not questioning the integerity as much as i am the plans of both.
    How can you fix real estate taxes and the counties be able to still raise the taxable rate? That sounds like same thing Gilmore did with the car tax. At least with the car tax everyone who had a vehicle paid.
    That got took away and the localities had to come up with the revenue?
    And well Kaine really hasn't presented his issues on many things.
    So honestly to me it's just like voting for President.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •